Friday, 15 May 2015

Christmas Stockings

Happy Friday everyone,


The weekend is nearly upon us - yipee!  I'm hoping to spend most of the day tomorrow crafting and then on Sunday the hubby arrives home from the US with some crafting goodies for me :)  Can't wait!

So today is the start of new challenge over at Winter Wonderland and the theme this week is: Button It Up.  A nice easy one, all you have to do is add some buttons to your Christmas make.

We are sponsored this week by Digistamp Boutique and they are offering a 10 pound gift voucher to the winner.



Here is my card:
Supplies:
MFT Die-namics - Stocking Trio 
Simon Says Stamp - Large Holiday Shape Dies
Cuttlebug Embossing Folder - Snowfall
MFT MIX-ables Stencils - Starry Night
Memory Box Stencil - Tiny Dots
Memory Box Stencil - Tiny Snowflakes 
Wendy Vecchi Embossing Paste - White
MFT Stamps - Ornament Banner Builder
Core'dinations Premium Textured Cardstock - Midnight
Memento Ink - Tuxedo Black 
Zig Wink of Stella - Silver Glitter Pen 
Doodlebug Twine - Bubble Blue
Tim Holtz -Idea-ology Paper String - Stripes
Buttons - from Stash

I wanted to try and made a card that involved little to no colouring for a change, however my plan did not work very well!!
I was looking through my vast stash of digital papers to find suitable ones to die-cut my stockings...and I couldn't find anything I wanted to use.  So I decided to die-cut three stockings from a piece of X-press It blending card and coloured them with my copics!  I gave each stocking a different pattern using a variety of stencils and white embossing paste - I love how they turned out. 
I die-cut three stars from white card stock and used silver wink of stella to colour them in.  I added a button to each star and then adhered it to the top of each stocking.  I added a short loop of twine/string to the back of each stocking and mounted them to a panel of embossed white card. I layered this onto some black card before mounting it onto the base. The sentiment is from MFT stamps Ornament Banner Builder and was stamped with Black Tuxedo Ink.  I hope you like it.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:
Thanks for visiting, I hope you have a great day. 
I'll be back in a couple of hours with my Whimsie Doodles DT make!

Hugs Ax

12 comments:

  1. Adorable card Andrea!! Love the sweet stockings and the texture from the embossing paste. Thanks for playing along at Happy Little Stampers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the cute stockings and texture Thanks for joining us at Christmas Card Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how FUN!!!! LOVE! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Merry Monday.

    Deanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is an adorable card, Andrea! I love those little stockings. Thanks for joining us this week at Christmas Card Challenges. Marsha DT @ SCCC

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the dimension on those little stockings. Such a fun card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a fun card! The bright colors and stenciling look amazing! Thanks so much for joining us at Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so stunning, gorgeous colours and brilliant stencilling.
    A happy little Christmas scene. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhh, what cute stockings! I love the wonderful texture you added with the embossing paste. Thanks for joining us this week at Merry Monday, Andrea!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable stockings and I love all the texture!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous use of the stencils Andrea, love your card. Thanks for joining us this week at Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love, love, love this Andrea...the bright colours, the snowy background, and the stencilled embossing paste is pure genius!

    Hugs
    Jennifer. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love, love, love this Andrea...the bright colours, the snowy background, and the stencilled embossing paste is pure genius!

    Hugs
    Jennifer. x

    ReplyDelete